Positive thinking is a subject that is gaining popularity as evidence by the many books, lectures and courses about it.
Positive thinking is a mental attitude that admits into the mind thoughts, words and images that are conductive to growth, happiness, health and success. And attitude that expects good and favorable results: whatever the mind expects, it finds.
we know that our attitude is positive when we entertain pleasant feelings and constructive images and see in our mind’s eyes what we really want to happen. this bring brightness to the eyes, more energy and happiness. We talk and the voice is more powerful. Our body language shows the way we feel inside!
Positive thinking helps with stress management. It can improve our health, increase life spam, lower rates of depression, reduce risk of death from cardiovascular disease. Healthier lifestyle: people get more physical activity, follow a healthier diet, and have reduced rates of smoking and alcohol consumption. People are more disposed to help us if we are positive and they dislike and avoid anyone broadcasting negativity.
So here are some ways to think and behave in a more positive way :
1. If yours thoughts are mainly negative, try to find a way to put a positive spin on them.
2. Seek humor in everyday happening. When you can laugh at life, you feel less stressed.
3. Exercise regularly to positively affect mood and reduce stress. Healthy diet!
4. Surround yourself with positive, supportive people.
5. Be encouraging and gentle with yourself. Practice positive self talk.
So how do you answer this old age question now:
Is your glass half-empty or half full?